This blog has been alive for far less than a week and already I feel even more alive that I already did. It’s inspiring to me and I hope it will be inspiring to you. So I’ve come up with a list of reasons for you to consider as you answer the question on the right here. Want Good Things Darling delivered to your inbox?
Here are my top ten reasons to sway your thought process in the direction of yes:
1. You are an artist, writer and/or dreamer. It’s important for us like-minded souls to stick together, to share our work, hopes and dreams.
2. You think you don’t have a creative bone in your body. You claim you cannot draw a stick figure. I believe that everyone is an artist in one way or another. Creativity is the lifeblood of everything on this earth. Stick around and I’d love to talk with you more about that.
3. You were part of Gemma’s “famiglia.” I treasure you and the memories we share. I know I have my own unique experience of my five years in Gemma’s studio. I know you do too. Let’s keep sharing and connecting.
4. You know Gemma’s work but never met her. I am interested in your stories. If you own Gemma’s artwork I’d love to see it.
5. You do not know who Gemma Taccogna is. She was a world-renowned artist and teacher I was lucky enough to call my mentor and my darling friend. Through this blog you will meet her through my stories and posts. You can also meet Gemma through the documentary made by her wonderful granddaughter Evie.
6. You love positive, colorful blogs. I know how you feel. I love Design*Sponge. I love Seth Godin. I love Artist in the Arctic. I love A Little Bite of Life. These blogs come to me and I think – ooh – a little treat! I promise you Good Things Darling will be full of treats.
7. You have your passion project but… you’re waiting for the right moment/courage/finances to make it happen. I hope that watching me “wing it” as I launch Said The Butterfly and Good Things Darling will show you it doesn’t have to be perfect. It just has to be. Afterall, isn’t winging it how you fly?
8. You are stuck in the land of maybe. I would love to introduce you to a life of yes and no. Stay tuned for this, one of my favorite most treasures lessons from Gemma. Hint: It will take some bravery but you don’t have to do anything but trust your instincts.
9. You are a fan of my painting and are curious how it all happens. I’d love to give you a peek into my world as I paint and create. I’ll share works in progress. I’ll share the big news when I get new commissions. I’ll tell you the truth when I feel completely and utterly freaked out about what the next step should be.
10. You didn’t need all of these reasons but you enjoyed reading them anyway. Thank you, darling friend.
So what do you think? I’m feeling a resounding yes. If you are too, please visit the box on the right here and enter your email address. You’ll get Good Things Darling delivered to your inbox.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Your comments, thoughts and ideas are welcome and encouraged. Please share using the comment field below.